Myriam's Muse

Every morning I create a newsletter called Myriam's Muse. This blog is the rest of the story. If you would like to receive my muse send a blank email to myriamsmuse-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains, United States

Myriam is spiritual counselor and coach with more than 35 years of experience. She accepts a limited number of clients that are looking to develop life skills that will improve the process of self-enrichment.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Tuesday: My philosophy


If I don't remember it, it didn't happen!

I often jokingly use this phrase to explain away my current condition of CRS. CRS means Can't Remember Shit. I will also joke and say I have Old Timers. The truth is I do find it harder and harder to remember things as time goes on. Sometimes it bothers me, but most of the time I can't remember to be bothered by the minutiae of life that seems to slip through the neural net that is called my brain. Perhaps, my brain has too much to process? Perhaps, I just don't care? Maybe it matters and maybe it doesn't. However, I am trying to learn some tricks to keep me at least functional in a world where life demands that one at least be courteous to others and to accomplish some things that are important to me.

We tend to remember what is important to us.

In my case that must mean that not many things are important to me anymore. That sounds a little depressing when one first considers it but it really has some great benefits. I have forgotten most of the people who have hurt me or insulted me or made my life miserable in the past. It is a stretch to go back to the negative emotions and go through all that junk again. I do sometimes smile when a joyful memory passes through and gets captured by my attention. I guess I am finally in the moment. That has been my goal for many years to just be where I am both physically, mentally, and spiritually. I smile as I remember Ram Dass who wrote: Be Here Now! This saying was the opening mantra for the new age and I find it is simple and still a good concept.

Life is How You Remember!
How we remember our past is more a matter of how we remember it rather than what we remember. It is not so important that I recall all the details but to retain an over-all gist of the journey that has brought me from there to here. I like here so I hope that I can stay here.
Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday!
Forgive the past mistakes and affirm the past joys. Quit wishing and worrying about tomorrow there is little that you can do about it. Be in your body today and let your spirit be expressed creatively and with contentment. Don't do anything you don't want to do. Don't hang out with folks who bore you. Let go and let life fill you to the maximum capacity of enjoyment possible.
Don't forget to read your audio horoscope everyday (almost - smile) at http://myriamsmuse.blogspot.com just click on the audio link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Make an appointment with Myriam
Bloogz