Myriam's Muse

Every morning I create a newsletter called Myriam's Muse. This blog is the rest of the story. If you would like to receive my muse send a blank email to myriamsmuse-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains, United States

Myriam is spiritual counselor and coach with more than 35 years of experience. She accepts a limited number of clients that are looking to develop life skills that will improve the process of self-enrichment.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Are you a cougar?


Myriam’s Muse
May 5, 2006

You shouldn't believe everything. What you see isn't always right. Is what you think truly right? Please, think about it again. A heart that obediently accepts things is fine, but shouldn't you question something just once? The truth is in a place you can't see.
Takehito Koyasu




Since I started studying astrology some 30 years ago or so, the first thing I learned and continue to learn is that Aquarians are ahead of their times and definitely eccentric. Now that can be good or bad and I definitely have to say that in my life that has been true.


This morning I was watching a morning TV show and they were discussing a "new" trend. There is a new societal change of older women dating younger men. The women are designated as Cougars. I always thought I was a Jaguar and now I find out that I have been a Cougar for more than 30 years. After my second divorce, I discovered the fun of dating younger men.
Now if that is not ahead of the trend in an Aquarian style I have never seen one. When I was 46 I got divorced. I remember that I lived in a college town and was part of academia. I found it rather fun to date young men. I wasn’t attracted to teenagers as much as young men in their early twenties. They were risk takers. They wanted to have fun. They didn’t expect me to do their laundry or cook dinner. They were intrigued by the sexier older woman.

However, something happened that I didn’t expect when I was 48 in the middle of fun and games with this delightful young man of 25 I found myself becoming more and more attracted to his soul.


Now if I were to have believed everything that I was taught and what society said, remember this was about 15 years ago, I would have pulled back from the idea of commitment. Instead we were married and have been married for fifteen years. And, what is funny is that I like being married to a man that doesn’t expect a maid but expects an equal partner. It is not always an easy path but marriage is not an easy path.


However, this is one Cougar that will tell you she is very happy that she caught her prey and is looking forward to more going against the rules that make no sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Make an appointment with Myriam
Bloogz