Myriam's Muse

Every morning I create a newsletter called Myriam's Muse. This blog is the rest of the story. If you would like to receive my muse send a blank email to myriamsmuse-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains, United States

Myriam is spiritual counselor and coach with more than 35 years of experience. She accepts a limited number of clients that are looking to develop life skills that will improve the process of self-enrichment.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Thursday: The great OCD


My dog Avis is a strange and mysterious pooch.

She has allergies of every type and of every season. And when she gets into one of her reactions to an allergy she suddenly develops some of the craziest behaviors.

I have an OCD Pit Bull... Obsessive Compulsive Dog.

It all started one day when we were taking a cruise in my Porsche. When I turned sixty I decided I wanted to be sixty and sexy so I bought a red 944 Porsche. It is quite a stunning little collector's item and it looks even better with Avis sitting in the back enjoying the view from 360 degrees of window space available to her.

Well I lit up a cigarette and Avis sneezed. I looked at her and just thought oh hell now I can't even smoke in my car. Being rather pissed off by my consideration of my fur child's reaction I sneezed back at her. She sneezed back at me. Now she has learned to sneeze on demand. I just have to sneeze at her and she sneezes back. It has become a fun game with us. Me sneeze. Avis sneeze.

Now, Avis is not a pure pit bull. She is part boxer. Most folks forget that boxers got that name because they can fight using their feet. Well Avis in playing would dance around like a boxer ready to throw the next punch. So every time she would go into that reaction to play time I would say dance, Avis, dance. She learned to dance on command. When Mom was in her last year and confined to her bed Avis was her constant companion, guardian and entertainment. Mom would laugh so much when she would say dance, Avis, dance and the pooch would be tapping up a storm on the wood floors.

Now Avis has a new OCD behavior. She developed an itch. When I would scratch her she always wanted to smell and lick my fingers to see what was going on with her ... as you know dogs live by smell and taste. Then I noticed when I would scratch her in a certain way she would start sticking her tongue out and giving a licking motion. Then every time she would stick out her tongue I would stick out my tongue at her. Now she sticks out her tongue on demand.

So there you have it. Avis, my OCD, is a dancing, sneezing, stick your tongue out pooch who never ceases to amuse me.



Myriam Maytorena, M.Ed.
http://myriamsmuse.blogspot.com/
http://manifestreality.com/
http://asknow.com/
You are the Miracle.
“It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive.” - C.W. Leadbeater

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Make an appointment with Myriam
Bloogz