Myriam's Muse

Every morning I create a newsletter called Myriam's Muse. This blog is the rest of the story. If you would like to receive my muse send a blank email to myriamsmuse-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains, United States

Myriam is spiritual counselor and coach with more than 35 years of experience. She accepts a limited number of clients that are looking to develop life skills that will improve the process of self-enrichment.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Tuesday: Don't Let anyone Sh over you




That's the horrible thing starting out, you get distracted a lotbecause anything is easier than writing. It's just the sameenemy - blank paper.
Jimmy Breslin



This quote made me laugh. Yes, laugh. It is the silliest thing that I ever heard. Why? Because I find nothing easier than writing. I think it is because I do not have a lot of false expectations about writing. I write because I enjoy it. I have another major rule in living my life: If I don't enjoy it, I don't do it.


That includes:


1. If I don't like people, I don't let them hang around.


2. If I don't like a job, I quit!


3. If I don't like certain foods, I don't eat them.


4. If my kids drive me nuts, I tell them to get out of my face and out of my space.


5. If I don't like what is on TV, I change the channel.


6. If I don't like the music on the radio, I change the station.


It is pretty clear, I just don't do things that I don't like to do. I find the word should to be the most over-used word in the English dictionary. I don't do shoulds and I always remember that shit and should both start with sh and I don't let anyone or anything, including me, to sh all over me.


Now, according the my family history, I should be in cleaning the house. Well that is a bunch of sh and remember my rule.


If the paper is the enemy, than thank the cyber goddess who developed the computer. And, ultimately perhaps, if one feels that the blank page is one's enemy I have one suggestion:


Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.



Have a great day and don't let anyone sh all over you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Make an appointment with Myriam
Bloogz