Myriam's Muse

Every morning I create a newsletter called Myriam's Muse. This blog is the rest of the story. If you would like to receive my muse send a blank email to myriamsmuse-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains, United States

Myriam is spiritual counselor and coach with more than 35 years of experience. She accepts a limited number of clients that are looking to develop life skills that will improve the process of self-enrichment.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Tuesday: DUH!

I am having a blond moment - or maybe a blond day.

As I stumbled over to my office this morning and did my morning muse I was totally convinced it was Monday. I guess those three day weekends get to all of us in some way or another. Well, at least I am blond on the inside where it counts.


Men weren't really the enemy -- they were fellow victims suffering from an outmoded masculine mystique that made them feel unnecessarily inadequate when there were no bears to kill.
Betty Friedan


As my muse tries to wake me up this morning, I keep thinking about how far society has come as far as the roles of both men and women. And every time I think about that I realize how far we have to go. The shifting sands of social perception is becoming more and more stirred up and I wonder have I missed something?


I am watching an increasingly more vocal segment of society - a minority - raise it voice against the changes happening within our world. At first I want to just laugh it off and say they are not a threat. Then I remember other times in history when a small minority became more and more vocal and changed the visage of society dramatically. The early feminists of the late 19th century is a perfect example. The abolitionists of the 18th century is another. And now we have the Falwellians opening up and being extremely vocal in wanting to take back the equal rights of women, gays, and, next, it will be children.


There is danger now of falling back into a past that is destructive if we don't take care not to fall on these slippery shifting sands.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Make an appointment with Myriam
Bloogz