Myriam's Muse

Every morning I create a newsletter called Myriam's Muse. This blog is the rest of the story. If you would like to receive my muse send a blank email to myriamsmuse-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains, United States

Myriam is spiritual counselor and coach with more than 35 years of experience. She accepts a limited number of clients that are looking to develop life skills that will improve the process of self-enrichment.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Friday: Freedom to Party


Life is like a rainbow. You need both the sun and the rain to make its colors appear.
Unknown


I am beginning to see the light. The emergence of optimism is a wonderful warm and delightful experience. As the clouds of life begin to pull away, the mist on the mountain lets the rays of the sun slowly slither into life until we stand fully joyful in front of a new morning.


It seems that this past night of soul darkened by tragedy was long and murky. I would do each day just because that is all there was to do. I would sometimes be in a state of somnambulism, walking and functioning but not with the life that I express my soul through.


I am not sure when the sun begin to rise again over my reality but I have had signs along the way. I would find myself being angry. Then I would smile at a joke. Music made me want to dance. And then there without me even being aware was the light of day. I was actually funny again. My muse became a clown painted with all the colors of the rainbow. My art and my words came alive.


Like Leo the Lion-hearted, I feel a surge of pride that I have fought the good fight of grief and found healing of my heart and soul. I think that many of us never take time to celebrate our victories over adversity. Mostly we just say "Thank you God/dess, I made it through the night." One does not overcome adversity without being a hero. A hero is one who in spite of fear or maybe because of fear persists and wins back the day. Today, I celebrate winning back the day.


And like a fat yellow cat, I luxuriate in the sun. I choose to play with dreams and watch the clouds in my mind float through a blue summer sky painting a kaleidoscope of happy words. I am simply doing the Happy Dance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Make an appointment with Myriam
Bloogz