Myriam's Muse

Every morning I create a newsletter called Myriam's Muse. This blog is the rest of the story. If you would like to receive my muse send a blank email to myriamsmuse-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains, United States

Myriam is spiritual counselor and coach with more than 35 years of experience. She accepts a limited number of clients that are looking to develop life skills that will improve the process of self-enrichment.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Thursday: Howling at the Moon


I watch the moon and it watches me. Sometimes I wonder if the wolf is truly my totem.
I worked late into the night and as I walked from my office back to the house, the moon smiled at me through the trees. I felt such a kinship with the energy. There is something that brings out the spirit primeval when the moon touches my soul. It is like I am supposed to dance sky clad and give up a joyful noise to the divine mother.
It amazes me that something so far away can appear so big and close. I feel the moon looking at me as I gaze into the power that calls me to remember many summer nights and many moons that have passed. For woman, the moon represents her divine magic. Thirteen full moons a year we are reminded that we are the giver of life. Thirteen times a year even when the moon no longer releases a flow of cleansing blood we feel our connection with all women and all creativity. As Miss Luna makes her passage across the sky she wanes and waxes like my life. Now I am the full moon but soon I shall begin to wane. I will become deeper and deeper caught into the darkness that is the ultimate passage of the crone. Now I shine brightly and illuminate the world with the wonder that is the Grandmother.
I have become the wolf howling at the moon as I stand alone in my approaching old age. Sometimes my cry is for times that are gone. Sometimes I just want to howl my power. I am the moon. I am the wolf. I am she who walks alone at night but takes care of her cubs during the day.
Alone. Part of the Pack. Leader of the Pack. An alpha loner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Make an appointment with Myriam
Bloogz