Myriam's Muse

Every morning I create a newsletter called Myriam's Muse. This blog is the rest of the story. If you would like to receive my muse send a blank email to myriamsmuse-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains, United States

Myriam is spiritual counselor and coach with more than 35 years of experience. She accepts a limited number of clients that are looking to develop life skills that will improve the process of self-enrichment.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Saturday: Venus and the Sea


I will go back to the great sweet mother,
Mother and lover of men, the sea.
Algernon Charles SwinburneEnglish poet and critic. 1837-1909




In the 80s Mark and I were staying at a small fishing village in the Yucatan as I sat and looked out at the sea I saw a vision of a woman in blue rising from the sea and walking toward me. It was a fusion of the Virgin Mary and the Goddess Venus. Later that evening we were standing on the sandy road in front of our house and at the end of the road where it meets the sea we saw a huge golden orb in the sky. Our friend mentioned that in his years of fishing these waters and living here he had never seen such a thing. That evening as we listened to radio from Miami, it was reported that at the same time we experienced the phenomenon, 50,000 people had seen the Virgin Mary surrounded by a golden orb above the waters.


Magic has seemed to always follow me. I seem to have an affinity with those things that many do not hear or see. That is perhaps what makes me an artist or creative.


Today, I feel stressed from incidents yesterday so I am going to find water and relax. Packing a picnic that includes some bread, some cheese, a bottle of wine and a fine companion and wander up into the mountains to a stream to decompress.


Maybe some water sprites will find me and dance a little jig to the tune of tinkling water drops. Or from under a mushroom will pop an elf to amuse me as I idle the day away.


May you find peace and magic today. Let your muse wander through the mysteries of being in touch with our great mother earth.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find your writing and statements uplifiting. But as a person who has slowly become lost in trying to find my muse I feel your words as a sting to my heart.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Make an appointment with Myriam
Bloogz