Myriam's Muse

Every morning I create a newsletter called Myriam's Muse. This blog is the rest of the story. If you would like to receive my muse send a blank email to myriamsmuse-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains, United States

Myriam is spiritual counselor and coach with more than 35 years of experience. She accepts a limited number of clients that are looking to develop life skills that will improve the process of self-enrichment.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Wednesday's Magic


The three ages of man: youth, middle age and 'my word you do look well'.
June Whitfield
Glenna and I have been having some interesting conversations. We have come to a conclusion. Decades are just plain decadent. When you are ten you are going on eleven. When you are 20 you will soon be 21. But it starts to change at 29. Then the time really starts to move. 40 becomes a marker that says well girl you are getting a few wrinkles. 50 is now referred to as our red hat years. 60 just plain sucks as the wrinkles get deeper and the pains come every morning. And so it goes until you get to be in your late 90's. Mom would always say I am almost a hundred. I sincerely asked Glenna if it was wrong for me to feel so vain and worried about getting older and the changing of my looks. She sweetly said that she thought everyone should always look the best that they can. I think that it was about fifty when people started saying to me: You don't look your age. Now, they mostly say you don't act your age. I have yet to figure out how an age looks and I certainly don't know how an age acts. So I guess what you see is what you get.
Until tomorrow, remember what Bob Hope said: Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Make an appointment with Myriam
Bloogz