Myriam's Muse

Every morning I create a newsletter called Myriam's Muse. This blog is the rest of the story. If you would like to receive my muse send a blank email to myriamsmuse-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains, United States

Myriam is spiritual counselor and coach with more than 35 years of experience. She accepts a limited number of clients that are looking to develop life skills that will improve the process of self-enrichment.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Fridays can be Freaky


Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
Dr. Seuss



I am cursed! I did it to myself! My morning muse this morning focused on quotes from Dr. Seuss and now I am talking in my head with a base case of horrible rhyme.


As I did my research this morning I discovered that Dr. Seuss wrote Green Eggs and Ham on a dare that he could write a complete book only using 50 words. That is my kind of man. Up to a challenge that makes no sense he turned it into one of his top best sellers.


I think all writers are challenged to amuse themselves in one way or another. That is really the question are we up to the challenge or are we just waddling through our minds trying to find what will bring us some sort of sense of reality that doesn't quite seem to fit what is in our heads and what is out there. Whether we write fiction or non-fiction, it is still the same. We try to get the monsters out of our heads and on paper. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Still it is ultimately the agony that is truly fun. Writers are adults that never have really grown up and half the time we were never allowed to be children so we go forever forward trying to capture that thrill that brings us into a new awareness of what life is all about even if it is only in fantasy.

I am absolutely certain that there is not a person on the planet with an ego that is as big as the least successful writer. A writer thinks that people care about what one says. Sometimes we are right and sometimes we are wrong. We give away our thoughts for just a song. We face obstacles of rejection and come back again knowing a well-crafted word or two can bring fame or fortune for a moment or two. Then when we hold our book in our hands, we are the only one and can look at it and say that is what I meant, I have to do this again.

Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.

Dr. Seuss please get out of my head

Or I am going to hide under my bed.








1 Comments:

Blogger thewriterslife said...

LOL, great. I'll be singing "Green Eggs and Ham" all day at work...I am...I am...

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Make an appointment with Myriam
Bloogz