Myriam's Muse

Every morning I create a newsletter called Myriam's Muse. This blog is the rest of the story. If you would like to receive my muse send a blank email to myriamsmuse-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains, United States

Myriam is spiritual counselor and coach with more than 35 years of experience. She accepts a limited number of clients that are looking to develop life skills that will improve the process of self-enrichment.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Thursday: Thoughts of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

Friends from Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.
They say (and I have yet to discover who they are) that those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. Well, I say: Is that a bad thing?



As I think about how I have lived my life, I am content. I have seen the good like when I was a little girl and discovered hamburgers from White Castle ... something that definitely keeps repeating whenever I can find one. I have seen the bad like when my father died and my mother worked for fifteen dollars a week to take care of me ... something that repeated in a different way when I took care of her at the end of her life and that became a good thing for both of us.


It seems that many people come into our lives but in some ways the same people come through our lives only in different bodies. Relationships seem to take on themes that are created either by ourselves or a higher power to help us learn and grow. And I guess it may be correct that the people we are attracted or repelled by are mirrors of our own inner dynamics and drive to express life. Have you ever noticed that you will be attracted to a person only later to be repulsed by them? Sometimes intense love can turn to intense hate. Sometimes liking can just turn to irritation. Sometimes fun can turn into boredom. I have often wondered about this question of why people come into our lives and then leave. Just as much I have wondered about the question of why other people come into our lives and walk our path with us for many years and then when they leave we are saddened by the loss.


As I grow older, I am amazed by whom I remember from my past. I am also confounded by those whom I can't remember a name or even place a face but still remember their energy. This applies to many things in life that impact our senses. For example, I remember the taste of the icing on my first birthday cake but I couldn't tell you what it looked like or who was at my party. Yet, I don't remember my first lover. However, I do remember that my first love and my continuing passion through life has been words and writing and reading and thinking. I remember when I was young and foolish (instead of being old and foolish) saying I could tolerate being in solitary confinement if I were given a pen and paper. I think that is probably true today except now I would insist on a computer and internet access.


Learning to blog is like learning to write in a new language that seems boundless in ways that a pen and paper cannot touch. So I will try to remember what my muse wrote a few weeks ago so that I am not doomed to repeat it again tomorrow.


Until tomorrow, may your today be as interesting as your yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Make an appointment with Myriam
Bloogz