Myriam's Muse

Every morning I create a newsletter called Myriam's Muse. This blog is the rest of the story. If you would like to receive my muse send a blank email to myriamsmuse-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blue Ridge Mountains, United States

Myriam is spiritual counselor and coach with more than 35 years of experience. She accepts a limited number of clients that are looking to develop life skills that will improve the process of self-enrichment.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Wednesday: Walk in the Light!




Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness,that most frightens us.
Marianne Williamson



It was the winter of 1997. Mark and I were on vacation at Isla de Las Mujeres, Mexico. I remember the trip as one of the most enlightening of my life. I have spoken earlier this week about a vision in that trip where I saw the Virgin Mother while at a fishing village in the Yucatan.[http://myriamsmuse.blogspot.com/2005/07/saturday-venus-and-sea.html]


We had come to Mexico for a vacation and to restore our spirits. I was also in search of a shaman to help me with some healing. I awaken early. I wandered through the narrow streets of Isla and came upon a coffee house in the open air where one could eat fresh baked bread and dark brewed coffee and smell the ocean salt. The owner, a tall blonde woman with a reddish complexion while German exemplified the hospitality of Mexico. Our conversation finally came to spirituality. She rushed and brought a poster to show to me and said: This is what I believe. It was a quote from Marianne Williamson's book, A Return to Love. The words which are quoted above still ring in my heart. Later that evening Mark and I sipped margaritas made with fresh lime at local thatched covered bar and, as usual, we struck up a conversation with the bartender. It turned out he was from the area to which we were traveling the next day. I told him of my quest to find a shaman and he told me of a man who was between Progresso and Merida but he could not remember his name.


When we arrived at our destination of the small fishing village where Tia Lucilla lived, we were amazed to discover that she had been healed by this same shaman that I was seeking. We made an appointment for Mark and I both to receive treatments. Imagine our surprise when we arrived and found that our shaman was a naturapath from San Francisco who had moved to Mexico to work in a poor village and share his herbal and chiropratic knowledge along with other modalities for more perfect health. Mark and I began a five day regimen of detoxing and cleansing and spent many hours walking on the beach and communing with the goddess of the sea. Tia Lucilla and I had long conversations in Spanglish discussing Depak Chopra and the New Age medical paradigm that was shifting our consciousness about optimum health and quantum physics.


My discovery was this: You can travel the world in search of healing. Or, you can just look a bit closer. Everything that we need exists in our hearts, bodies, minds and souls if we will be stop, look and listen. However, I will never forget the miracles of our journey to healing along the Gulf of Mexico.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://nzjkzkya.com/jmsu/cdbw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://smexcehp.com/ztze/qwye.html]Cool site[/url]

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://nzjkzkya.com/jmsu/cdbw.html | http://aclgplqd.com/afci/jvwr.html

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Make an appointment with Myriam
Bloogz